A man found a cocoon of a butterfly. One day a small opening appeared. He sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole. Then it seemed to stop making any progress. It appeared as if it had gotten as far as it could, and it could go no further.
So the man decided to help the butterfly. He took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon.
The butterfly then emerged easily. But it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings.
The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the body, which would contract in time.
Neither happened! In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly.
What the man, in his kindness and haste, did not understand was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfly to get through the tiny opening were Allah's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.
Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our lives. If Allah allowed us to go through our lives without any obstacles, it would cripple us.
We would not be as strong as what we could have been. We could never fly!
- I hope you can SEE what I'm saying - 17/02/2013 08:06
- For Those Who Despair - 29/01/2013 21:02
- The Smoke Signal - 28/07/2012 14:56
- Sabr (Patience) - 08/06/2012 16:04
- Tests, Afflictions & Calamities - 08/06/2012 15:33
- The Final Mile - 17/03/2012 22:13
- How Najma Taught Us How To Live - 17/03/2012 21:59
- No Matter What, We’re Still Believers - 18/12/2011 19:40
- The Straight Path - 18/12/2011 19:20
- The Dark Cloud - 06/12/2011 18:35
- The Happiest of All People - 21/11/2011 20:38
- Hold on to Your Hijab... - 17/09/2011 12:00
- Trust after Betrayal - 17/09/2011 11:45
- Yaa Allah! - 23/06/2011 09:23
- The Way Out - 26/03/2011 08:36
- Strive, EVEN When Tested - 08/01/2011 15:04
- Maybe There Is Good In It For You! - 08/01/2011 12:29
- When Times Get Hard... Pray - 08/01/2011 12:18
- Depression - 07/01/2011 23:10
- 10 Tips On How To Fight Depression & Sadness - 06/01/2011 00:25
- Be Like The Bee - 23/10/2010 21:14
- How Islaam Deals With Sadness and Worry - 09/09/2010 13:05
- 4 Years in Prison - 09/09/2010 11:50
- The Center of the Human Being - 22/08/2010 21:42
- As Long As You Are Not Angry With Me Then I Do Not Care - 19/08/2010 17:10
- Overcoming Tests From Allah - 19/08/2010 16:29
- An Example of Patience Even While Imprisoned - 19/08/2010 16:20
- Patience is Half of Faith - 19/08/2010 11:44
- Why Suicide? IS it the Solution? - 14/08/2010 11:43
- A Soul’s Burden - 14/08/2010 11:16