Patience is half of faith; for this is a quality composed of patience and gratitude (Shukr). As one of the Pious Predecessors (Salaf) has said,
Faith is in two halves:One half patience,
the other half is gratitude.
Patience in relation to faith is like the head in relation to the body. It is of three types:
- Patience concerning the obligations (Fardh) laid down by Allah, that one should not neglect them.
- Patience in abstaining from actions forbidden by Him, that one should not commit them.
- Patience concerning His judgments (Qadr) and decrees (Qadar), that one should not resent them.
Whoever perfectly fulfills these three degrees has perfected patience. For the pleasure of this world and the next, their blessings, and victory and conquest can only be reached over the bridge of patience, just as no-one reaches Paradise except by crossing over the Path. 'Umar b. al-Khattab said,
"We attained the best of life through patience."
If you reflect on the degrees of perfection acquired in the world, you will see that they are all dependent on patience. And if you reflect on imperfection, which one is blamed for possessing, you will see it all stemming from lack of patience. Thus courage and purity, goodness and love of others, all this is the patience of an hour.
Most sicknesses of the body and heart arise simply from lack of patience. And there is naught like patience for preserving the health of hearts, bodies and spirits. For it is the great remedy, the mighty antidote, even if it were to contain only the company of Allah..
"..for Allah is with the patient" [Noble Quran 2:153]
....and His affection for them for indeed...
"Allah loves those who are patient" [Noble Quran 3:146]
....and His giving victory to His people 'for victory comes with patience'; and that it is a good for the people of patience,
"And if you show patience, that is indeed the best course for those who are patient" [Noble Quran 16:126]
....and that it is the cause of prosperity;
Source: The Prophetic medicine.
- The Miracle of Positive Thinking - 23/05/2013 10:47
- I hope you can SEE what I'm saying - 17/02/2013 08:06
- For Those Who Despair - 29/01/2013 21:02
- The Smoke Signal - 28/07/2012 14:56
- Sabr (Patience) - 08/06/2012 16:04
- Tests, Afflictions & Calamities - 08/06/2012 15:33
- The Final Mile - 17/03/2012 22:13
- How Najma Taught Us How To Live - 17/03/2012 21:59
- No Matter What, We’re Still Believers - 18/12/2011 19:40
- The Straight Path - 18/12/2011 19:20
- The Dark Cloud - 06/12/2011 18:35
- The Happiest of All People - 21/11/2011 20:38
- Hold on to Your Hijab... - 17/09/2011 12:00
- Trust after Betrayal - 17/09/2011 11:45
- Yaa Allah! - 23/06/2011 09:23
- The Way Out - 26/03/2011 08:36
- Strive, EVEN When Tested - 08/01/2011 15:04
- Maybe There Is Good In It For You! - 08/01/2011 12:29
- When Times Get Hard... Pray - 08/01/2011 12:18
- Depression - 07/01/2011 23:10
- 10 Tips On How To Fight Depression & Sadness - 06/01/2011 00:25
- Be Like The Bee - 23/10/2010 21:14
- How Islaam Deals With Sadness and Worry - 09/09/2010 13:05
- 4 Years in Prison - 09/09/2010 11:50
- The Center of the Human Being - 22/08/2010 21:42
- As Long As You Are Not Angry With Me Then I Do Not Care - 19/08/2010 17:10
- Overcoming Tests From Allah - 19/08/2010 16:29
- An Example of Patience Even While Imprisoned - 19/08/2010 16:20
- Why Suicide? IS it the Solution? - 14/08/2010 11:43
- A Soul’s Burden - 14/08/2010 11:16
- Facing Hardships: Learn From The Life of a Butterfly - 21/06/2010 12:50
- The Worry Is One - 17/01/2010 13:28
- Why Women Cry - 02/01/2010 01:13
- Truly Amazing Patience - 02/01/2010 01:11
- Trials & Tests - 02/01/2010 01:02
- Beautiful Verses & Narrations Pertaining to Patience - 01/01/2010 21:55
- Away from Home - 01/01/2010 21:51
- An Example of a Mother's Patience - 01/01/2010 21:48