The Arabic Course for English-Speaking Students is a comprehensive and popular course for the teaching of the Qur'anic and Traditional Arabic, originally devised and taught at the renowned Madinah Islamic University, catering for the non-Arabic speaking students from all over the world. Over the years, this course has enabled students to become competent in their use of the Arabic language and to participate and benefit from scholarly pursuits such as Qur'anic exegeses, hadith, fiqh, sirah, history, and classical and modern Arabic literature. It is concise (consisting of only three books, reasonably short) but extensive in their coverage. It combines modern Arabic vocabulary with Islamic terminology used in the Qur'an and Sunnah. It Helps acquire an understanding of hundreds of Qur'anic verses, ahadith, Arabic parables and poetry.
- Madinah Books 1+2+3
- Advanced course: The "Advanced" videos pertain to "Selections from the Glorious Qur'an" taught by Dr. Abdur Rahim.
- Audios for Madinah Books in differnet languages [including English]
- The Arabic Text for all 3 Books
- The Keys in English
- The Glossary
- Solutions [Answers for all the exercises]
- Handouts [For those who will go through the video course, the link for which is provided above]
- Blank Verb Conjugation Sheet
Fundamentals of Classical Arabic
Fundamentals of Classical Arabic is a series of practical, easy-to-read books that help students learn the difficult subjects of Arabic verb conjugation and grammar. Based on methodologies used by Islamic scholars for centuries, this series focuses on grasping short, understandable principles to steadily build a comprehension of the language. This first volume provides a framework for studying the Arabic language, introduces Arabic word patters, and covers the essentials of conjugating common verb and noun forms. Throughout the book, important concepts are explained in a lucid and concise manner. Tables provide a review of the concepts covered in each lesson, and the accompanying audio compact disc helps students memorize conjugations of common verb and noun patterns.
- The Essentials of Arabic Grammar: A beneficial PDF covering the basics of Arabic Grammar.
- Basic English Grammar: This PDF, with clear illustrations and examples, explains the basics of English Grammar. This is because most people who begin their journey into the Arabic language find themselves faced with scary and long English grammatical terms which they may have never heard before, for example "The Noun Qualified by the Adjective". In such a scenario, this PDF helps the student of the Arabic language traverse their way through the difficult rocky terrains of English grammar.
- Hans Wehr dictionary
- Arabic-English Lexicon
- LQ Toronto the Institute of the Language of the Quran, based in Toronto, Canada.
- MadinahArabic.com This website came about 3 years ago with a simple goal, to teach Arabic to Muslims and non-Muslims with a goal to enabling an understanding of Islam and being able to speak the language in daily life.
- Arabic Fonts - Really nice True Type Arabic Fonts. Open: My Computer --> Control Panel --> Fonts then drag these fonts in. This is for those who have already configured the settings to view the Arabic language on their laptops/computers.