1) The stranger is not the stranger to Yemen or Shaam
But the stranger is the stranger to the grave and the coffin
2) Verily the stranger has rights for his absence
Over the residents of the dwellings & homelands.
3) Don’t chase away the outlander in his state of unfamiliarity
For time is also chasing him with hardship & distress
4) My travels are far and my provisions will not suffice me
My strength has weakened and death is calling unto me.
5) I still have sins which I know not of
Allah knows of them; those made in secret & in manifest
6) How merciful has Allah been to me by giving me respite
And I have increased in sins but Allah has always shielded me
7) The hours of my days pass by without regret
No crying, no fear, no sadness
8) I am the one who closes the doors with fatigue
on disobedience, & The Eye of Allah watches over me..
9) O’ that which was written in a moment of heedlessness
O’ the sorrow which remains in my heart is burning me.
10) Leave me to bewail myself and weep
and pass the time in sadness and remembrance.
11) Leave off your Blaming of me O’ Ye who do so..
If you were but to know my situation you would have excused me...
12) Let me cry out tears that have no ending to them
for there will be no lesson that will set me free
13) It is As though I am with that family, laying..
Upon the mattress with their hands turning me over.
14) And they came to me with a doctor that he may cure me..
But of today I think not that medicine will benefit me..
15) My sufferings increased and death began to pull at me ..
From every vein, without ease or comfort..
16) My soul was then removed from me with a gurgle..
And my saliva became bitter at that point..
17) They then shut my eyes and left me…
after a long moment of despair,…. they hurried to the purchase of the shroud
18) And he who was dearest to me got up in a hurry..
To summon the person who was to wash me..
19) He said: O’ my people we have attained a Washer who is skillful, clever, bright & intelligent..
20) So then one of the men came and removed my clothing..
He undressed me and denuded me…
21) They then placed me on top of a board
And the sound of water above me began to clean me
22) He poured the water on top of me and washed me..
Three times, before calling out to the people for the Shroud..
23) They shrouded me in a sleeveless garment..
And my provisions became the embalmment in which they embalmed me
24) They Bore me towards my journey Out of this World, Oh How Sorrowful!!
Will be this journey for which I have no provisions to take along with me.
25) Upon their shoulders, they carried me, Four….
Men, and behind me are those who come to bid me farewell
26) They set me before the mihraab then turned away from me
Behind the Imaam they went and he prayed on me then bade me farewell
27) They prayed over me a prayer consisting of neither Rukoo’ nor Sujood
Asking that Allah may have Mercy upon me.
28) They lowered me into my grave slowly
And one of them came forward to place me in the Lahd
29) He raised the garment from my face to gaze upon me
And the tears spilt from his eyes awashing me
30) Then he stood, honoring me, firm and resolute
And lined the bricks on my body then left me
31) And he said “Throw the dirt upon him and reap
The great rewards from Ar-Rahmaan, The Most Gracious”
32) In the darkness of the grave, no mother is there nor,
Is there an affectionate father, or a brother to comfort me
33) Alone….The only inhabitant of the Grave Oh how Sorrowful!!
Am I on parting the world bearing no Deeds to provision me.
34) And a sight which beheld my eye struck terror into me.
From a place of terror it came and startled me..”
35) Munkar and Nakeer, what shall I say to them?
The thought of them strikes terror into me, it causes me fear
36) And they made me to sit and put forth their questions
I have none other Than You now O Lord to deliver me!!.
37) So bestow upon me from your Mercy O Lord, How I hope in You!!
For verily I am fettered in my sins, I am confined by them
38) The relatives have divided my wealth amongst them after leaving me.
And my sins are now upon my back, burdening me
39) My wife has taken another husband in my place
And she has appointed him as overseer over my wealth and my home
40) She has made my children into servants to bid unto her needs
And my wealth has become to them a worthless means of enjoyment
41) So let not this World and its adornments deceive you.
And look at its (evil) effects in your family and homeland
42) And look at the one who collects the wealth of this Dunya in abundance
Will he depart from this world bearing other than the death shroud and embalmment?
43) Take from the dunya that which suffices you and be contented with that
Even if you were to have naught but good health
44) O ye who sow good, you will reap the fruit of your efforts.
O ye who sow evil you will find yourselves overcome with grief
45) O soul of mine, abstain from sinning and attain instead
Deeds which are Beautiful, for which Allah may be merciful towards me
46) O soul of mine, Woe upon you! Turn towards your lord in Repentance, and do that which is good
So that you will be recompensed after your death with that which is delightful
47) Lastly sending prayers upon the Chosen one, Our Sayyid (leader)
48) All praise is unto Allah, May he fill our days and nights with that which is Good, with forgiveness
With Ihsaan and Grace.
Download (right click & "save target as")
- To Die While Saying The Shahaadah - 14/01/2013 17:19
- Death, an indispensable reality - 01/01/2012 10:26
- Specific Punishments in the Grave (23) - 09/10/2011 17:49
- The Disbeliever, Hypocrite and Evil Soul Answers (22) - 09/10/2011 16:07
- The Righteous Soul Responds (21) - 09/10/2011 14:21
- The Return and the Squeeze (20) - 09/10/2011 13:47
- Indications of a Good End - 07/08/2011 16:56
- A Hellish Unwelcome for the Evil Soul (19) - 03/08/2011 20:54
- Finally Free (18) - 27/06/2011 12:57
- The Angels Present at the Time of Death (17) - 27/06/2011 12:37
- Satan’s Last Chance and Presence at the Time of Death (16) - 17/06/2011 18:25
- Your Temporary Visa Will Soon Expire (15) - 17/06/2011 17:58
- Remembrance, Even While the Soul Exits (14) - 10/06/2011 19:53
- Can You Smell Something Fishy? (13) - 28/05/2011 16:07
- Towards the Heavens (12) - 28/05/2011 15:55
- The Reality of the Soul (11) - 26/05/2011 15:48
- The Barzakh (Barrier): A Transitional Stage (10) - 24/05/2011 20:29
- Special Bodies Which Don’t Decompose (9) - 20/05/2011 18:50
- Decomposition (8) - 15/05/2011 17:48
- Moved by Simplicity of Royal Funeral, Priest Embraces Islam - 11/05/2011 13:06
- The Prophets and the Shuhadaa' Remain Alive With Allah - 11/05/2011 08:51
- Mud Over You (7) - 09/05/2011 15:03
- Miracles of the Martyrs - 06/05/2011 14:29
- Towards Your New Home...Underground (6) - 02/05/2011 20:37
- Just Before She Died - 09/03/2011 10:03
- Just Close Your Eyes and Imagine... - 22/06/2010 10:55
- Your Funeral Prayer (5) - 07/12/2009 20:09
- Prepare For Death - 27/11/2009 10:48
- Signs of a Good End - 27/11/2009 10:29
- Just Before The Funeral (4) - 25/11/2009 16:42
- Inaudible Pleas (2) - 03/11/2009 16:53
- A Bath Unlike Any Other (3) - 03/11/2009 16:52
- The Painful Separation (1) - 03/11/2009 16:46