There you lie; within 30 minutes your body temperature has now decreased. Your blood has become stagnant; it misses the days when it would gush forth, pumping from the heart to the rest of the body, adding life to life.
The heart that was once a junction, pumping blood around your body, has now cut off all roots and has lost its movement – its very beat. Those tunnels, which we refer to as veins, are now silent: with no life and no energy. Your veins now evidently manifest themselves as they come to the surface, visible for everyone – but you. The lack of oxygen in your blood has caused your body to stiffen; a process which is also referred to as ‘rigor mortis’. The cold plank below your cold body doesn’t help. No, you can’t seek an appointment with your GP nor can you visit the hospital. The GP has forever closed your file and the hospital is no longer in need of your records.
The tongue that once would speak so proudly and freely has now been quietened by the throes of death. How can you speak - when you can no longer breathe? Your silence is deafening. Your thoughts, feelings, sensations and emotions now hold no meaning and have no reality.
The eyes that Allah commanded you to guard are now unusable. Passing to your right and your left are some of the most beloved people to you. Yet you are unable to
open your eyes to have a last look towards them. And how can you open your eyes to see them, since it was they themselves who closed them? Yes, the same family that would become anxious if you overslept have now closed your eyes forever in obedience to the command of the Rasool (sallallahu a’lyhi wasallam):
Umm Salamah said, "Allah's Messenger (sallallahu a’lyhi wa sallam) came in and found Aboo Salamah's eyes staring. He closed them and said, 'Verily when the soul is snatched, the eyes follow it…'” (Saheeh Muslim)
A thin cloudy film has developed over your eyes within only three hours of your death. The very eyes by which you observed the world day in, day out, have now forever lost their function. Ah, and what about your skin?
How many people flaunt the beauty Allah has commanded them to cover with the covering of modesty, dignity and respect? If only they could see you.
Your skin, within only 48 hours of your death, has begun to breed bacteria. The tinge – which began in your lower stomach, has now spread outwards, affecting your hands and feet last- as your skin now has an evidently greenish tone and a marble-like appearance.
Surely the signs are clear – it is time to hand you over to the earth, from which you were created and to which you are - without a doubt - returning.
*Download the complete PDF (Preparing The Muslimah For The Grave (PDF)) by following the link.
- Death, an indispensable reality - 01/01/2012 10:26
- Specific Punishments in the Grave (23) - 09/10/2011 17:49
- The Disbeliever, Hypocrite and Evil Soul Answers (22) - 09/10/2011 16:07
- The Righteous Soul Responds (21) - 09/10/2011 14:21
- The Return and the Squeeze (20) - 09/10/2011 13:47
- Indications of a Good End - 07/08/2011 16:56
- A Hellish Unwelcome for the Evil Soul (19) - 03/08/2011 20:54
- Finally Free (18) - 27/06/2011 12:57
- The Angels Present at the Time of Death (17) - 27/06/2011 12:37
- Satan’s Last Chance and Presence at the Time of Death (16) - 17/06/2011 18:25
- Your Temporary Visa Will Soon Expire (15) - 17/06/2011 17:58
- Remembrance, Even While the Soul Exits (14) - 10/06/2011 19:53
- The Stranger is Not - 29/05/2011 12:33
- Can You Smell Something Fishy? (13) - 28/05/2011 16:07
- Towards the Heavens (12) - 28/05/2011 15:55
- The Reality of the Soul (11) - 26/05/2011 15:48
- The Barzakh (Barrier): A Transitional Stage (10) - 24/05/2011 20:29
- Special Bodies Which Don’t Decompose (9) - 20/05/2011 18:50
- Decomposition (8) - 15/05/2011 17:48
- Moved by Simplicity of Royal Funeral, Priest Embraces Islam - 11/05/2011 13:06
- The Prophets and the Shuhadaa' Remain Alive With Allah - 11/05/2011 08:51
- Mud Over You (7) - 09/05/2011 15:03
- Miracles of the Martyrs - 06/05/2011 14:29
- Towards Your New Home...Underground (6) - 02/05/2011 20:37
- Just Before She Died - 09/03/2011 10:03
- Just Close Your Eyes and Imagine... - 22/06/2010 10:55
- Your Funeral Prayer (5) - 07/12/2009 20:09
- Prepare For Death - 27/11/2009 10:48
- Signs of a Good End - 27/11/2009 10:29
- Just Before The Funeral (4) - 25/11/2009 16:42