This style of scarf works best if the fabric is a bit stretchy.
- Purchase .5m (1/2yd) of fabric.
- Cut a rectangle 56cm x 48cm (22"x19").
- Fold back one long edge (wrong sides together) 12cm (4.5").
- Use a decorative stitch with matching thread: stitch 1/2" away from the folded edge.
- Stitch along the first raw edge with a straight stitch.
- Hem the bottom raw edge as desired.
- Fold in half, right sides together, Diagram Two.
- Stitch the vertical seam to form a tube. Fold out.
How to wear this underscarf
Wear this underscarf like a headband, with all of your hair in the "tube". I usually pull it down around my neck, then pull it back so my hair is swept off from my face and neck.