- 1 lbs flour,
- 3 teaspoon baking powder ,
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric,
- 1/2 lbs split peas,
- 3 cloves garlic,
- 2-3 teaspoon ground cumin.
- Salt to taste (atleast 1tsp).
1. Boil split peas with tumeric, salt and garlic. Do NOT allow to get too soft. Firm but soft enough to flatten with your fingers.
2. Pass through a grinding mill. Make sure there NO whole grains left or these will busrt the roti later.
3. Add zeera and salt to taste.
4. Knead flour with baking powder and a pinch of salt, to a soft dough. Rub oil over dough and leave to rest. About an hour should do.
5. Cut dough in to 6-8 pieces.
6. Shape into balls and leave to rest for 15 mins.
7. Flatten the ball in your hand and place about about 3 tsps of the peas then make into a ball again.
8. Heat the baking stone or griddle to no more than medium heat and brush a little vegetable oil on it.
9. Roll out the dough into 8" circles.
10. Place the roti on the stone and brush with some of the veg. oil. when its starting to brown turn it over and brush again.
11. When the other side is starting to brown it should start to swell.
12. All done. Enjoy with any curry.
13. Try Raita with this dish.
• Serves 6 people.
• Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
• Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
• Serve Hot.
- Besan Ki Roti - 07/08/2011 12:53
- Mini Pizzas for Kids - 20/07/2010 21:25
- Paratha/Chapatti - 10/07/2010 23:07
- Aloo Paratha – Potato Stuffed Flatbread - 10/07/2010 23:00
- Puri / Poori - 10/07/2010 22:55
- Spinach Paratha - 10/07/2010 22:50
- Tandoori Roti - 10/07/2010 22:47
- Garlic Bread - 10/07/2010 22:45
- Makki Di Roti (Punjabi Corn Flour Bread) - 10/07/2010 22:37