- 1\2 kilogram potatoes
- 1\2 cup oil, corn
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1\4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1\2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1\2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 green chillies chopped
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into thick slices or small cubes.
2. Heat oil in a medium skillet, add onions, sauté until transparent.
3. Add potatoes, tomatoes, chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder and salt. Stirring occasionally cook until the tomatoes are reduced to pulp, and oil begin to separate.
4. Add water and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add more water if you need gravy.
5. Sprinkle with garam masala, coriander leaves and green chilies, cover and leave to infuse for 2-3 minutes before serving.
6. Serve with Poori.
Serves: 6 People.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 25 minutes.