- 2 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup semolina
1. Bring water, sugar and lemon juice to a boil in a pan.
2. Simmer for a few minutes.
3. Chop the almonds finely and fry them in hot butter together with the semolina until they are golden.
4. Add the hot syrup slowly stirring constantly over low heat until the mixture thickens.
5. Remove from heat and cover the pan. Let cool slightly.
6. Pour into greased moulds and flatten out the tops. Take out and serve warm.