- 150g digestive biscuits
- 75g butter
- 2 large egg yolks
- 397g can condensed milk
- 100ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Lime zest and slices, to decorate
1. Put the biscuits in a bag and roll firmly with a rolling pin. Melt the butter and mix with the biscuit crumbs. Put in a 19cm flat tin and press firmly against the sides and base with the back of a spoon to make a flan case.
2. Put the egg yolks and condensed milk in a bowl and mix together, then add the lime juice and zest, and stir until the mixture thickens slightly.
3. Turn into the flan case, level the top and chill for 2 hours until the filling sets. Dust with icing sugar. Decorate with grated lime zest and thin lime slices.
(Please note: pregnant women should avoid eating raw egg yolks.)