FULL NAME: Abu Ma’bad, ‘Abd Allah ibn Kathee bin Al-Mutallib Al-Qurayshi al-Daaree al-Makki (d. 120 AH)
- He was born in the year 45 Al-Hijara
- He knew some of the Sahaaba such as Abu Ayub Al-Ansaari and Anas bin Maalak and others, so he is of the Taabi’een.
- He read the complete Qur’an to Abdullah Ain As-Saa’ib and was approved by him and others.
- One of the seven prominent authorities on the qiraa’ah.
- He was born and died in Makkah and was regarded as the Imaam of Qiraa’ah in Makkah.
- He was a tall person with a fair complexion.
- He possessed a command over the Arabic language.
- He was famous for his eleqouence and fluency.
- Many scholars learnt Qiraa’ah from him.
- Ibn Katheer was known to be have a tranquil disposition and qahhaar.
- Imaam Ash-Shaaf’iee read the recitation of Ibn Katheer.
- He died in the year 120 Al-Hijara, Rahimahu Allah.
The recitation of Ibn Katheer has two raawees, al-Bazzee and Qunbul, and both of them took the reading from an in between link, not directly from Imam Ibn Katheer himself, but from a mastered reciter who took the reading from Ibn Katheer.