FULL NAME: Ibn ‘Umar ‘Abd al-Azeez Abu ‘Umar al-Azdi al-Baghdaadi (d. 240).
- He was born in the year 150 Al-Hijara in Ad-Dur, which is located close to Baghdad.
- He was known as Abu Umar
- He was blind
- He was a distinguished scholar of his time
- He was the Imaam of the recitors in his time and is the first one to accumulate all the different qira’aat.
- He was an authority on qiraa’ah.
- He was the first scholar who collected different Qiraa’aat.
- He died in the year 246, may Allah be merciful to him.