- 2 medium eggplant, round, cut in slices
- 4 medium potatoes cut in wedges
- 2 large green bell pepper cut in slices
- 3 large green chillies, slit lenghtwise
- 1\4 cup cooking oil
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, chopped ,
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger fresh, peeled & chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 level teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala.
- In a large heavy base pan, heat oil on medium heat and fry onions until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, ginger, chili powder, salt and coriander powder. Stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes and stirring constantly, cook for 3 minutes or until the tomatoes are turned to a paste.
- Add 1 cup water, cover and cook until potatoes are half cooked and about 1\4 cup gravy is left, about 7 minutes.
- Add rest of the vegetables and cook over low heat until the vegetables are tender but still retain their shape.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle garam masala.
Serve with Chapati or plain boiled rice.
Serves: 8 people.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes.