FULL NAME: Hamzah bin Habeeb bin ‘Ummaarah bin Ismaaeel al-Zayyaat (d. 156)
- He was one of the seven prominent Qurraa’
- He was the client of Banoo Tameem.
- He was known for his ascetism and sound knowledge.
- Whenever he recited the Qur’aan, he left a good impression on the minds of people.
- He used to trade oil from Koofah to Halwan and cheese and almond from Halwan to Koofah.
- Many qurr’aa narrated his Qiraa’ah; prominent among them were:
- Ibraahem Adham
- Al Kissaee
- Yahya bin Ziyaad al-Farraa’.