These audio lessons were delivered by Shaykh Khaled Bouchafaa.
Shaykh Khaled Bouchafaa
Khaled Bouchafaa has been teaching Quran and tajweed for the last 22 years in various Islamic colleges and masjids. Sheikh Khaled recites Quran with riwayat Hafs by the Shatibiyah tariq and riwayat Warsh by the Al-Azraq tariq.
Currently, he is a teacher of Quran in the largest Islamic School of Australia, is a volunteer Imam and provides tajweed lessons in English and Arabic in his local area. He has been authorised by the Qurra to teach this sacred knowledge of tajweed and Quran.
He began his studies of Qiraat in Algeria from Sheikh Sharati rhm (who was the student of Sheikh Abdul-Aziz abul Uyun as-Sud) and from Sheikh Ahmed Ma'but (who was the student of Sheikh Bakri at Tarabishi). He acquired further knowledge from eminent Scholars of Qiraat in Damascus (Sheikh Abu Sulayman az Zabibi, Sheikh Abdur Razaq al Halabi and Abu Usamah Basha, Imam of Jami' al Qitat, Rhm).
In addition, he has studied with the Egyptian qari, Sheikh Hassan Marzug al Jizzi. He completed khatma in riwayt Hafs min tariq Ashatibiyha, with Sheikh Mutassim Al-Jarrah and riwayat Warsh min tariq Al-Azraq, with Sheikh Khaled Barakat who is the Sheikh Qurra Akkar in Lebanon.
The Audio Series
*It is advised that these audios be heard using headphones as the sound quality for some of the audios isn't clear. Using an ipod or mp3 player is even better, as it will be easier to pause, rewind and forward.
- What is Tajweed? Part 1 | Part 2
- History of Tajweed. Download
- Islamic Point of View. Download
- The Obvious and the Hidden Mistakes. Download
- More about the Mistakes in and Virtues of Tajweed. Download
- The Aadaab (etiquettes) of reciting Qur'aan. Download
- The three Arkaan of the Qur'aan and how the Qur'aan was collected into one Mushaf. Download
- Imam Hafs Ibn Sulayman al-kufi 90-180 H and his teacher Asim Ibn Abi Annujud d. 127 H. A brief summary on the 10 Qiraat. Download
- The Isti'aathah before reciting the Qur'aan. Download
- The ways of basmalah before and while reciting the Qur'aan. Download
- Introduction to the sounds of Arabic alphabet. Download
- The rules of tanween and noon sakinah. Download ¦ Support doc
- A continuation of the last episode and introduction to the rules of Idhghaam. Download
- The rule of Nooan sakinah and tanween and specifically the rule of Ikhfaa'. Download
- Rules of Noon sakinah and tanween, plus an introduction to the rule of Iqlaab. Download
- An introduction to the rules of meem sakinah, which has three types: Ith-haar shafawi, Idhghaam shafawi and Ikhfaa shafawi. Download
- The rules of ghunnah in detail. Download
- Introduction to the rules of Madd. Download
- Madd asli. Download
- Rules of Madd and al-Madd al-Muttassil. Download
- The Rules of al-Madd al-Munfassil in detail. Download
- The Rules of Madd al-Badal. Download
- The rules of Madd Asssilah. Part 1 | Part 2
- Al-Madd Al Laazim Part 1 | Part 2
- Rules of Madd al-Farq. Download
- Al-huroof al-Muqatta'h (the disjointed letters). Download
- Al-Madd al-'Arid li al sukoon (how to stop while reciting). Download
- Different Combined Madds. Download ¦ Support Doc 1 ¦ Support Doc 2