- 1 x 170ml can evaporated milk, chilled
- 225g (8oz) ripe strawberries, pureed
- Powdered sweetener, to taste
1. Pour the evaporated milk into a large bowl and use a hand-held electric mixer to whisk it until very light and foamy. This will take about 5 minutes.
2. Add the pureed strawberries and whisk again until incorporated. Taste the mixture, adding powdered sweetener, if needed.
3. Pour into a suitable freezer container. Freeze for about 1 hour, then remove from the freezer and whisk well to break up the ice crystals. Repeat once more as the mixture freezes, then freeze until solid.
Makes 4 servings