- 350g/12oz plain flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250g/9oz butter softened
- 300g/ 10oz caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 X 40g boxes Smarties
1. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
2. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda,baking powder and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl, then set a side.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla.
4. Gradually beat in the sifted dry ingredients to form a stiff dough.
5. Roll the fough into 20 balls, then place on ungreased baking drays, spaced well apart. (WARNING: THE COOKIES WILL EXPAND LOTS, DO NOT PUT CLOSE TOGETHER!!! )
6. Press several Smarties into each ball, flattening the ball slightly.
7. Bake for 15 minutes until pale golden brown.
8. Leave on trays 2 minutes and remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
9. Will keep in an airtight tin for up to 5 days
Makes: 20 Cookies