The following is an excerpt from Muhammed Ali's daughter from a book written about her father,
"If memory serves me correctly, I was wearing a little white tank top and a short black skirt. I had been raised Orthodox Muslim, so I had never before worn such revealing clothing while in my father's presence. When we finally arrived, the chauffer escorted my younger sister, Laila, and me up to my father's suite.
As usual, he was hiding behind the door waiting to scare us. We exchanged many hugs and kisses as we could possibly give in one day. My father took a good look at us. Then he sat me down on his lap and said something that I will never forget.
He looked me straight in the eyes and said,
"Hana, everything that God made valuable in the world is covered and hard to get to. Where do you find diamonds? Deep down in the ground covered and protected. Where do you find pearls? Deep down at the bottom of the ocean covered up and protected in a beautiful shell. Where do you find gold? Way down in the mine, covered over with layers and layers of rock. You've got to work hard to get to them."
He looked at me with serious eyes.
"Your body is sacred. You're far more precious than diamonds and pearls, and you should be covered too."
Source: "More Than A Hero: Muhammad Ali's Life Lessons Through His Daughter's Eyes."
- Only for Allah - A Sister's Story - 11/02/2013 15:31
- The Hijab - 20/07/2011 14:42
- Attractive Hijabs & Shari'ah - 30/04/2011 16:38
- A Dialogue Between a Flower and a Pearl... - 23/10/2010 20:11
- Western Teenager - Why I Wear Hijaab - 30/08/2010 21:41
- Is Hijab a Restriction over Women? - 30/08/2010 21:21
- Christian Mother Allows her Daughter to Wear a Hijab - 09/06/2010 12:08
- The Hijab as Da'wah - 01/06/2010 12:40
- Why Should I Wear Hijaab? - 20/12/2009 10:34
- Tips for Beginning to Wear Hijaab - 20/12/2009 10:18
- The Reality of the Hijaab - 20/12/2009 10:09
- The Problem With Barbie - 20/12/2009 10:06
- Hijaab, A Covering Unlike Any Other - 20/12/2009 09:48
- The Hijab is Beautiful - 20/12/2009 09:23
- Tabarruj (Display of Beauty) - 20/12/2009 09:12
- My Sister: from Feminism to Hijab!! - 20/12/2009 09:09
- I Want to Wear Hijaab...But... - 20/12/2009 08:52
- From Disbelief to the Love of the Veil - 20/12/2009 08:50
- Hijaab: Happiness in Both Worlds - 18/12/2009 21:08