In the world of Weight Watchers, this 0 Points soup has reached celebrity status. It's yummy, easy to make, and has ZERO POINTS!!! As a Weight Watchers member, this soup has been a staple for me. I find it best to make a large batch on the weekend, and then divide into 1 1/2 cup portions (those little plastic Ziploc containers work great for this), and store them in my fridge or freezer. This way, when I'm busy during the week, I can just whip out one of these babies on a moment's notice!
- 2/3 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fat-free broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
- 1 1/2 cups diced green cabbage
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- In a large saucepan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, sauté carrots, onions and garlic over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, cabbage, green beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano and salt, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for around 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Lastly, stir in the zucchini and continue to heat soup for 3-4 minutes.