- Chapati Flour – 1½ cups
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Warm water – ½ cup + 1 Tbsp
- Dry Chapati Flour – ½ cup, for rolling
1. In a medium bowl, mix together Flour and Salt.
2. Add Warm Water slowly and knead to form a medium firm dough.
3. Let the dough rest for 15 minutes, covered.
4. Divide the dough into golf ball size balls.
5. Dip the dough ball into dry flour and roll it out into an oval shape (approx 5 inches).
6. Tandoori Rotis are a little smaller and thicker than normal chapatis.
7. Place rolled out roti on a hot tava and cook until bubbles appear.
8. Flip the roti over and cook this side until light brown spots appear.
9. Remove roti from tava and keep in a covered (preferably insulated) container.
10. Repeat the process until all rotis are cooked on tava.
11. When ready to eat, pop rotis into a toaster and toast them on medium until they puff up.
12. You may need to re-toast the roti until darker brown spots appear.
13. Once the roti is done, remove from toaster and lightly butter it.
14. Place the roti in a paper towel and lightly crush it.
15. Serve hot.