- 1/2 cup unsalted cashew nuts, chopped,
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil,
- 1 tsp medium garam masala,
- 1 teaspoon garlic (crushed),
- 1 teaspoon ginger (crushed),
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder,
- 1/4 teaspoon Condor powder (opt),
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi),
- 1 lbs Boneless skinless chicken breast,
- 1/2 can tomatoes, crushed,
- 1/4 cup cream, heavy,
- 1/4 cup raisins, golden,
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
1. Place cashew nuts in small bowl and cover with hot water. Soak 30 minutes and drain most of the water. Blend nuts in blender until they form a somewhat smooth paste that retains some texture. Heat oil in a saucepan or wok and sauté the onions until golden brown. "Splutter fry" 1/2 teaspoon of the garam masala powder, and reserve the remainder to garnish the finished dish. Quickly add garlic, ginger, red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder to the pan. Add the chicken (cut into 1" strips) and mix well until the meat is sealed with the spices, about 2 minutes.
2. Mix in tomatoes and simmer until the chicken is cooked. Then add the cashew paste and cream. Bring to a boil. If needed, correct the consistency of the dish by adding water. You want a smooth, slightly thick sauce. Raise heat and "fimmer" dish until the oil floats on top. Add raisins. Garnish with remaining garam masala and cardamom powder.
• Serves 6 people.
• Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
• Cooking Time: 30 minutes.