From amongst these blessed names we find the names of many Muslim Women who also participated in striving to spread the words of Allah [azza wa jall] and His Rasool [sallallahu 'alyhi wa sallam].
In fact, Islaam has seen and continues to see a rich contribution of written material by Muslim women who are working actively in this field to channel, articulate and unify their knowledge and contemplative thoughts to bring about beneficial contributions to both the da’wah field and Islamic literature. One such writer today is:
Her place of birth: the capital of Qatar [ad-Dawhah] and it is in ad-Dawhah that she grew up and memorized the Qur’aan. Having completed the memorization of the Qur’aan, she chose to undertake the path towards gaining Islaamic knowledge and so she went to study in the University of Sharee’ah in Qatar and in 1997 she completed her studies. At the present moment she is married and is working as a researcher.
Although her name may sound new to some, many well-read scholars and students of knowledge have either heard her name or come across her work. In fact, her work has gained increasing popularity in the Arab world due to the excellence of its presentation and the beneficial knowledge it encompasses. For example, her book pertaining to the names and characteristics of Allah [azza wa jall] left many standing in awe and respect due to the scholarly research and comprehensiveness that it entailed.
Great scholars, such as Shaykh Uthaymeen [rahimahullah] were amazed by her work. Below I have added some images of the books she has authored [for those who can read Arabic I advice you to visit the web website dedicated to her work ]. She has authored books on various Islaamic sciences, ranging from: Usoolul Fiqh, Tafseer, Arabic Grammar…it’s impressive that she’s even written a brief explanation of Zaadul Mustaqni’ [a classical and advanced book on Hanbali Fiqh]!
The following is some advice from Sister Kaamilah for those who wish to pursue Islaamic Knowledge :
“As for the means towards gaining it [i.e. knowledge], then Allah [the Most High] has especially blessed us in this time – more than any other time –by the blessing of many mediums which lead towards it [knowledge] and [by which to] ascend its degrees for whomsoever Allah wills good and more. And I have taken from these mediums that which Allah has made easy from it, I took from its various sources in studying – between shurooh maqrooah [i.e. explanations of different books in written form that can be read] and that which can be heard [e.g. tapes]. And I contacted great scholars [who] have [a] high standing in knowledge, in all of its branches and they were of the best help upon the best path in this life [i.e. the path of knowledge]. And we ask Allah, the Most High, for every striver in this path [to have] loftiness [in] the world and the hereafter and to help us all and to put barakah [blessings] in our time. And to increase us in beneficial knowledge and action purely for his Noble Countenance…”
I end with a request that we ask Allah [azza wa jall] to reward and bless the endeavours and efforts of our scholars, historians, writers and thinkers – as the ink of their pens continues to flow words upon the awaiting and desirous sheets within the hearts of the Muslims, and as their fingers work their way towards typing books for us to show us the straight path and warn us from falling into the dangers which lead towards destruction. Ameen.
- Women who Studied and Taught Saheeh Muslim - 22/09/2011 11:40
- Hafsah bint Seereen (Part 4) - 02/11/2010 10:07
- Hafsah bint Seereen (Part 3) - 07/10/2010 09:45
- Hafsah bint Seereen (Part 2) - 22/09/2010 17:21
- Short Miscellaneous Biographies of Women Scholars - 07/09/2010 01:10
- Hafsah bint Seereen (Part 1) - 19/06/2010 15:13
- The Women Scholars of Madinah - 30/04/2010 13:51
- Mu 'aadhah Al 'Adawiyyah [Part 5] - 05/04/2010 10:57
- Zaynab bint Makki ibn Ali - 02/04/2010 13:18
- Umrah Bint Abdur-Rahman - 02/04/2010 13:13
- Umm Zaynab, Fatimah bint 'Abbas ibn Ali al-Fath, al-Baghdaadiyyah - 02/04/2010 13:08
- Nafeesah bint Ameer al-Mu’mineen al-Hasan ibn Zayd - 02/04/2010 13:03
- Maryam bint Jahsh - 02/04/2010 12:59
- Fatimah bint Yahya - 02/04/2010 12:54
- Fatimah bint Muhammad ibn Ahmad - 02/04/2010 12:50
- Fatimah bint al-Mundhir ibn al-Zubayr ibn al ‘Awaam - 02/04/2010 12:42
- Amat al-Ghafoor bint Ishaaq al-Dihlawi - 02/04/2010 12:36
- Women Scholars of Hadeeth - 02/04/2010 12:30
- Mu 'aadhah Al 'Adawiyyah [Part 4] - 19/03/2010 08:29
- Mu 'aadhah Al 'Adawiyyah [Part 3] - 18/01/2010 20:24
- Farhat Hashmi - 17/01/2010 10:58
- Mu 'aadhah Al 'Adawiyyah [Part 2] - 01/01/2010 01:08
- Mu 'aadhah Al 'Adawiyyah [Part 1] - 29/12/2009 19:33
- Women Students of Shaykh Muqbil - 27/12/2009 18:05
- Kareemah bint Ahmad Al Marwaziyyah - 26/12/2009 15:45
- Kareema Carol Czerepinski - 18/12/2009 18:16
- Umm Al-Sa'ad Al-Askandariyyah - 13/12/2009 20:12