The proper method of ghusl (ritual bath) involves the following steps:
1. Make the niyyah (intention) to perform ghusl for purification, and say In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful in your heart.
2. Wash your private parts thoroughly with water.
3. Perform wudhu’ (ablution) except for washing of your feet, which you can do later while bathing the body. See image below.
4. Wash the entire body, starting with your head and the right side, followed by the left.
5. It is preferred that the whole body be washed three times. The minimum is once.