- 350g Madeira cake
- good quality strawberry jam
- strawberry or raspberry liqueur, or crème de cassis
- 400g strawberries , sliced or halved
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 500g pot of good quality vanilla custard
- 284ml pot double cream , lightly whipped
1. Slice the cake and sandwich the slices together with jam. Cut into cubes. Sprinkle the sugar over the strawberries in a bowl.
2. Divide the cake between 6 glasses and sprinkle a little liqueur over each. Spoon over the sliced strawberries and any juice and then top each with a layer of custard and a layer of cream. Decorate with strawberries.