- 2 cups dal maash dhuli (lentils) pre-soaked for 4-5 hours
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of baking soda
- Pinch of asafoetida
1. Grind the pre-soaked dal (lentils) into a paste and add rest of the spices.
2. Mix well and leave for 30 minutes.
3. Then in a frying pan add 1 tbs. of oil and with the help of a spoon drop into the pan flat rounded pattis and shallow.
4. Fry until light brown.
5. When golden brown remove and cool.
6. When serving, soak in a bowl of water; add the remaining water to the prepared yogurt (see below).
1. Beat the yogurt adding a little water to a paste.
2. Add salt, red chilli powder and 1/2 tsp cumin powder.
3. Garnish with sweet tamarind chutney and chat masala.