FULL NAME: ‘Abdullah Abu Imraan al-Yahsoobee (d. 118).
- He was nicknamed Abu ‘Imraan.
- Ibn ‘Aamir was born in the year 21 Al-Hijarah, and some say 8 Al-Hijarah.
- He became a leader of recitation in Sham and was a great imam and a noble taabi’ –one of those who met up and knew some of the Sahaabah.Therefore, he was the religious leader of the people of Syria.
- He was appointed the chief judge of Damascus and Imaam of the central Masjid (the Umawee mosque) of Damascu and the leader of the recitors.
- He was very learned and one of the seven prominent Qurraa’.
- The Caliph ‘Umar bin ‘Abdul ‘Azeez also recognized his authority.
- A large number of people benefited from his qiraa’ah.
- Yahya bin al-Haarith, ‘Abd al-Rahmaan bin ‘Amr and Khallaad bin Yazeed were the prominent qurraa’ who narrate his qiraa’ah.
- He died in Damascus in the year 118 Al-Hijarah, may Allah be merciful to him.