- 1 kilogram chicken cut into small pieces,
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger,
- 1 inch piece ginger thin sliced strips,
- 4-5 green chilies cut into half , 2 green chilies fine chopped,
- 3 tomato finely chopped,
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, powder,
- 1 tablespoon garam masala,
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoons salt,
- 1/2 cup oil
1. Heat oil in a shallow frying pan or Karachi. Add chopped ginger and green chili, stirring frequently fry for 2 minutes.
2. Add chicken and salt. Stirring frequently fry until the meat is well browned/
3. Add chopped tomatoes, stirring frequently fry the meat mixture for about 10 minutes until the tomatoes are reduced to a pulp. Add a little water if necessary to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Keep frying until the oil begins to separate.
4. Add ginger sticks, chopped green chili, black pepper, garam masala and little water. Reduce the heat to low, cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 15 minutes until the chicken is tender. Sprinkle with finely chopped coriander leaves
5. Serve hot with Nan or Chapati.
• Serves 6 people.
• Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
• Cooking Time: 40 minutes.