- For a single layer Niqaab: Cut a rectangle of fabric 13"x17".
- Hem the two long sides and one short side.
- Fold the unhemmed sided under 1/4", fold again 1/2" and stitch close to the edge of the fold.
- Cut a length of 1/4" wide elastic, long enough to go around your head.
- Pass the elastic through the 1/2" hem of the Niqaab.
- Overlap the two ends of the elastic and stitch together firmly using tiny zigzag stitches.
**Note** Instead of elastic, ties could be added to either side of the Niqaab for tying behind the head.