- 1 Chicken with skin or 8-10 Drum sticks,
- 1 cup gram flour, sieved (besan),
- 1 cup flour,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 1 teaspoon black pepper,
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder (optional),
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice,
- oil for deep frying.
1. Cut chicken into 8 pieces. Put chicken in a large bowl, add lemon juice and one teaspoon of salt and rub it all over the chicken pieces. Cover and marinate for at least 3 to 4 hours or overnight in a refrigerator.
2. Mix remaining salt and rest of the ingredients, except oil in a bowl. Place about 1/2 cup of the flour mixture in a plastic bag. Put one or two pieces at a time in the bag and shake it to coat the mixture. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces and flour mixture. Arrange the coated chicken pieces in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
3. Deep fry chicken in an electric deep fryer. Follow the manufacturer's instruction. Alternatively fry the chicken in a deep fryer over high heat. Fry to a crisp golden color. Remove from oil and place on an absorbent kitchen papers. Serve hot with French fries and garlic chutney.
• Serves 6 people.
• Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
• Cooking Time: 30 minutes.
• Serve Hot
• Try Raita with this dish.